mobile.mycingular.com Doesn’t Work Anymore
See, here’s the thing. I’ve got a Cingular (now AT&T) cell phone, and I’ve got all kinds of automated systems that page me when things in my business go awry. All of my systems are set to send email to [mycellphonenumber]@mobile.mycingular.com.
But in the last couple of days, I’ve noticed that notifications that should have arrived on my cell phone weren’t coming through (I copy those notifications to multiple addresses, so I still knew about them).
As best I can tell, you now have to send your email to [mycellphonenumber]@txt.att.net instead of the old mobile.mycingular.com address.
You can also use [number]@cingularme.com, but I’m betting it’s only a matter of time before that address goes away, too.
Hope that helps somebody out there…
UPDATE (9/5): Sometime late in the afternoon on 8/30, mobile.mycingular.com started working again. That said, I found that txt.att.net has a big advantage over mobile.mycingular.com: message size. With mobile.mycingular.com, most of my alert messages came through in 4 parts (that is, the email notification was split into four separate text messages). WIth txt.att.net, although the message is still broken into four parts, it’s delivered as a single text message. Strange, but it may save a bit on text message charges.