Doesn’t Work Anymore

You may also like...

9 Responses

1. Anonymous says:

I've seen this too. not sure whats up. Was just googling to find out why and came across this

2. Anonymous says:

I'm seeing still working there is a pretty long delay before the message is received from their server. I've tried switching over to but I don't know if all numbers have been ported over. Have you had any luck figuring this out?
    Fish ><>

3. darnell says:

seems that i’m not able to get texts using either or, anyone else having issues?

4. darnell says:

nevermind, turns out it was an (att) agent error (“accidentily” removed texting from my acct)… i was, however, able to confirm is however the correct (preferred) domain for text messages (and is the correct domain for multi-media messages)

5. Ian says:

The problem is that comes into the iPhone from 1 set source number, meaning 1 message thread. comes in as an incrementing source number (1(410)000-001, 002, 003, etc) so its a new message thread everytime you receive a message. This is PAINFUL for my needs as we sometimes get 100+ alerts if a router or a firewall fail over.

• Eric Longman says:

That’s a very interesting distinction, and not one that I had noticed. I’ve been using for some time, but I have the same situation that you do: When a router or firewall fails, I get LOTS of threads because lots of monitored equipment suddenly is unreachable. Fortunately, that is an exceedingly rare occurrence.

6. Mark says:

Having the SAME problem here. AT&T took down that server and directed the MX record to the same server as Have been on the phone for hours with them and nobody that I have talked to knows how to fix it other than to say those servers were taken down. This is very discouraging for types like us that have systems that depend on it working the way it has for years. They won’t change anything unless we voice our opinions or start leaving AT&T in large numbers until someone there wonders why their customers are leaving. CALL IN AND COMPLAIN. If enough people complain maybe they will fix it. Have to go now, I have about 100 text messages I have to delete on my iPhone as well…sore finger here I come…

7. Jon says:

After upgrading my iPhone to 4.2.1 (coincidence?) the texts to are now coming in the same format at

This means back to getting each message as a seperate thread.

Has anyone else noticed this?

8. Chris says:

I have noticed the texts to are now coming in the same format at This sucks for any system admin out there. Time to give AT&T a call.